Replies

• Hi Zack, that is an interesting combination. Where are you from ?
  • Hi! i'm a computer science student! my goal is to be an accompanist and partitpate in the development of opera singers!
  • Hi! I am Edwin and living in Rotterdam. I have always been interested in all kinds of music and studied Arts and Culture Sciences at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. After an internship, I worked a couple of years for the artistic affairs department of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and the Gergiev Festival. After that, I produced a music program (classical, world and jazz) for radio and television broadcaster RTV Rijnmond. Via several community arts projects, opera stagings and concert organizations, I discovered the IVC. By now, I've worked for six Competitions, multiple Summer Schools, Masterclasses and Laureates' concerts, and met hundreds of young singers from all over the world. That's what makes the IVC unique!
  • Hi! I'm Rahul, 24 years old, living in Amsterdam and working at the IVC as their website and social media 'manager'. Having a mother who happens to be a soprano, you could say I fell into a cauldron of classical music at a very early age. During my musicology studies at the University of Amsterdam, I became an intern and later an employee at AVROTROS Opium op 4, a radio show on NPO Radio 4 (public classical music broadcaster) as producer and director. Meanwhile, I started working as classical music critic and journalist for newspaper NRC and author for Preludium, periodical of the Amsterdam Royal Concertgebouw. In my free time, I work as a presenter at classical music radio Concertzender and as a volunteer for the International Chamber Music Festival Schiermonnikoog.

Coming originally from the city of 's-Hertogenbosch, I am very pleased to be able to contribute to the best classical event this city has to offer.
  • I was a jury member at the IVC in 2004 and 2010.
  • I worked in artistic administration and casting in various opera houses in the cities mentioned and joined the IVC as director in 2017. I love discovering new voices and helping people to find their feet in the world of opera. It is always such a feat to see people you believe in get further in this wonderful profession. I do think I have a knack of seeing who has a je ne sais quoi...
  • I lived in Antwerp, Hamburg, Barcelona, Berlin and London but am back now where I lived during my studies: Amsterdam.
This reply was deleted.